Orchestra Software is an award-winning, fast-growing technology company empowering beverage manufacturers to grow and improve their business. Orchestra Software’s Customer First focus supports their use cases and meets them with state-of-the-art Cloud based technologies. We’ve created industry-specific, all-in-one business management software now used by hundreds of craft breweries, distilleries and other craft beverage manufacturers around the world. Collaboration between engineers, designers, consultants and beverage manufacturers has helped us achieve velocity as a company, and velocity provides the fun, collaborative work environment in which our employees flourish. At Orchestra, we don’t just make software, we help growing industries run better.
Orchestra Software is seeking a talented, professional, and highly organized accountant to support the accounting team in the financial administration of projects and acting as a bridge between multiple internal groups and stakeholders. Key tasks include setting up customers, inputting sales orders, managing project revenue recognition, performing project billing, review and calculation of project margins, monitoring cash receipts, and consistently applying company accounting standards. Administration, review and reconciliation of recurring billing cycles, general ledger account reviews and booking of journal entries. In addition, the position includes responding to Orchestra Software staff inquiries about various billing and project accounting, ensuring a commitment to teamwork and collaboration through consistent and professional behaviors.
- Review, validate, track and invoice sales orders released from the sales cycle, ensuring accuracy of item level general ledger determination, inclusion of appropriate supporting documents and ongoing alterations to recurring billing process.
- Responsible for processing recurring and one-time billing cycles; generating invoices, credit memos and facilitating delivery to customers and third-party handlers.
- Prepare journal entries, journal vouchers and general ledger reconciliations with exceptional accuracy and eye for detail; maintain corresponding month end close workbooks, provide supporting account reconciliations and assume ownership of ongoing recognition schedules.
- Maintain general ledger accuracy and ensure all account balances are properly evidenced, and reconciled, including preparation of journal entries and ad-hock reporting.
- Provide assistance on internal Accounts Receivable & collections efforts, which will include posting incoming customer payments, establishing payment plans, and reaching out for payment on past due and unpaid invoices.
- Provide department managers assistance in preparing reports, analyzing customer financial data, and support them in corresponding with customers to resolve any account related questions or concerns placing special emphasis on customer service and building of positive customer relations.
- Provide assistance to management in developing, documenting, improving, and organizing internal accounting controls, work-flows, processes, and procedures.
- Assist with annual budgeting process, financial reviews, audits, line of credit renewals and year-end tax preparations.
- Produce and initiate sales and use tax reporting and filing for the applicable jurisdictions.
- Perform other additional ad-hock reporting and assignments as directed.
The Culture Competencies:
- Customer First – Engages with the customers, both internal and external, and places their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
- Teamwork – Identifies opportunities to build strategic partnerships with individuals in other areas of the business in an effort to achieve business goals; identifies opportunities for high trust teamwork through analysis of business needs and relationships that may enhance success; develops the departments teamwork through information exchange, clarification of the benefits and definition of teamwork.
- Authenticity – Shares thoughts and opinions even when they may be unpopular; delivers both positive and negative, timely feedback to others that is actionable; holds self and others accountable for their actions; comfortable taking negative action with direct reports when necessary.
- Continuous Improvement – Updates one’s self just like they would their software. Provides support and direction towards the development of individuals’ knowledge and skills to effectively facilitate their accomplishment of both current and future responsibilities; partners with individuals on identifying and setting development goals; helps to identify development opportunities as part of the plan; provides continuous feedback on performance and progress and assists in the adjustment of development plans.
- Integrity – Does the right thing, always. Identifies and understands problems or issues through analysis of multiple data sources to draw effective conclusions; chooses fair and effective courses of action consistent with available information; considers the broad business impact of decisions being made rather than any short-term benefit.
The Core Competencies:
- Enjoys working in a high-performance business environment with customer interaction, deadlines, and high value work.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things. Enjoys exploring new technology to seek improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Enthusiastically collaborates with co-workers to share ideas and opinions about improving processes, services, and customer experience.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field highly desired, however, equivalent experience will be considered
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in billing and accounting.
- Prior experience in SaaS and project related billings.
- Experience in SAP Business One has significant advantage.
- Strong computer skills and advanced level experience in using full MS office suite, including advanced or above skill set in using Microsoft Excel are required.
- Strong attention to details and ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow directions and work independently
About Orchestra Software:
Orchestra Software is a privately-held enterprise software company in Beaverton, OR that creates industry vertical software that enables our customers to manage all aspects of their business in one system. Orchestra Software is made up of a dynamic, high performing team of creative people that love what we do and we work hard at it. We are software developers, business consultants, support techs, and sales/marketing experts all focused on helping our customers run their companies better.
Orchestra Software’s flagship solutions include OrchestratedBEER, the industry’s leading ERP solution for the craft brewery market and more recently OrchestratedSPIRITS, our featured rich ERP solution for craft distilleries. Orchestrated helps these growing industries consolidate all company operations into a single application, from accounting in the back office to production of the warehouse floor.
Recently awarded the TAO “Rising Star” award among Oregon tech companies and recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies for a 4th year in a row by Inc. 5000 for 2017, Orchestra Software continues to focus on innovative technology and company culture.
Orchestra Software is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Send cover letter & resume to: HR@orchestrasoftware.com