Beaverton, Oregon (Portland-Metro)
Orchestra Software is seeking a highly-motivated VP of Services to oversee long-term retention of customers. This role is responsible for leading the global, post-sale customer experience, ensuring that quality of service continues to be a differentiator. The VP of Services has executive ownership of all new customer implementations, ongoing customer training, tier three support, customer service, and custom consulting/professional services. The primary focus will be leading a scalable organization that enables the company to implement new customers quickly, respond to customer inquiries rapidly and professionally, and drive high levels of customer satisfaction which differentiates Orchestra from our competitors and results in long-term customer retention.
The VP of Services must lead by example with the highest professional standards and a sincere commitment to maintaining and enhancing long-term, repeat business relationships among satisfied customers. The right candidate for this role must possess exceptional leadership presence and be accepted by senior decision makers with the executive level decision makers of large corporations as a sophisticated subject matter expert and colleague. This role reports directly to the CEO of Orchestra Software and working closely with the upper management team of the organization to provide information crucial for ongoing business decision making.
- Serve as the senior leader of the Services organization, which provides day-to-day project management services to clients.
- Communicates and reinforces standards of excellence; ensures that the all work is consistent with internal standards and meets the desired business objectives, while delivering a “best in class” solution on time, on budget, and delivered with the utmost integrity
- Manage 3-5 direct reports and oversee a broader team of approximately 20 client-facing implementation, IT, project management systems analytics professionals.
- Serve as senior liaison on key client engagements and develop executive relationships within the market.
- Actively participate with the organizations other departments in ongoing business development efforts.
- Manages Implementation and Professional Service deliveries of billable, project-based services focused on driving successful implementation and maximizing customer ROI.
- Partner with VP of Customer Success to manage at-risk customers and escalated customer service matters.
- Development and delivery of cross-product training curriculum.
- Establish and maintain departmental best practices.
- Set organizational goals and ensure achievement of deadlines.
- Provide senior oversight on client-specific projects ensuring collaborative and aligned partnership with Strategic Relations, Sales and Operations teams to accomplish organizational goals
- Lead the development and delivery of standardized services, implementation, and training offerings.
- Integrate new and acquired product lines by enabling customer-facing staff and developing new product-based services as needed.
- Champion programs that promote successful customer adoption of product(s) and new releases.
- Provide clear, direct, and actionable feedback to Product Management regarding potential product improvements.
- Customer First – Engages with the customers, both internal and external, and places their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
- Teamwork – Identifies opportunities to build strategic partnerships with individuals in other areas of the business in an effort to achieve business goals; identifies opportunities for high trust teamwork through analysis of business needs and relationships that may enhance success; develops the departments teamwork through information exchange, clarification of the benefits and definition of teamwork.
- Authenticity – Shares thoughts and opinions even when they may be unpopular; delivers both positive and negative, timely feedback to others that is actionable; holds self and others accountable for their actions; comfortable taking negative action with direct reports when necessary.
- Continuous Improvement – Updates one’s self just like they would their software. Provides support and direction towards the development of individuals’ knowledge and skills to effectively facilitate their accomplishment of both current and future responsibilities; partners with individuals on identifying and setting development goals; helps to identify development opportunities as part of the plan; provides continuous feedback on performance and progress and assists in the adjustment of development plans.
- Integrity – Does the right thing, always. Identifies and understands problems or issues through analysis of multiple data sources to draw effective conclusions; chooses fair and effective courses of action consistent with available information; considers the broad business impact of decisions being made rather than any short-term benefit.
- Continuously innovate and improve our service offerings, internal processes, and workflow to improve customer experience, maximize efficiency of internal teams, and drive improved results.
- Act as point of contact in pre-sales discussions regarding custom projects and other ad-hock training or implementation services.
- Knowledge of database design and management, data processing activities.
- Ability to direct multiple project teams for multiple clients to ensure high quality completion of all work
- Enjoys working in a high-performance business environment with customer interaction, deadlines, and high value work.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things. Enjoys exploring new technology to seek improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Enthusiastically collaborates with co-workers to share ideas and opinions about improving processes, services, and customer experience.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Has experience with managing and motivating staff.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with leading services organization in a growing software company with international presence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a passion for consistently delighting customers.
- Works well as a strong leader of highly charged self-starters.
- Must have experience in developing scalable workflows that can be implemented globally, for technical support and new customer implementation based on metrics and data.
- Ability to interact with frustrated customers and quickly restore confidence in “escalation” situations
- Familiarity and practical expertise with various customer enablement technologies such as customer self-service tools, on-line training tools, customer success management platforms, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and VBA
- Experience with SAP Business One.
- Experience with accounting/ERP systems such as MS Dynamics, Sage, SAP, & etc.
- Experience writing Crystal Reports.
- Experience with managing project budges.
- Experience in using SQL Server Management Studio to construct stored procedures to support data and reporting requests.
- Support configurable applications (screen design, calculation definitions, etc.)
- Build and deploy reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Research and troubleshoot data/functionality issues related to reports, proprietary applications, and vendor packages
At Orchestra, we believe that Culture cannot be created; it is the result of the Values held by the members of the organization. We’re looking for people that share these Values and would be excited to work with people that embody them every day.
- Customer First: We have empathy for the user experience and strive to deliver value to customers
- Continuous Improvement: We will change…often. We upgrade ourselves just like our software.
- Authenticity: We are honest with each other and find courage in transparency.
- Teamwork: We find strength in each other and embrace collaboration
- Integrity: We do what’s right. Always.
Because our team embodies these Values, we have a culture that is often described as being obsessed with our customers, constantly changing, really transparent, collaborative, and filled with good people.
If this sounds like a workplace culture you’d enjoy, and you share these Values, then you might be a great fit for our organization.
Orchestra Software is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.